Wednesday 2 November 2011

Food For Thought

Recently a friend of mine introduced me to a documentary called Food Matters. The timing of the introduction wasn't great, as I'd devoured a medium Quarter Pounder meal and caramel McFlurry (yum) for dinner the night before, so I was already beginning to feel guilty by just looking at the title. Putting aside my guilt, I watched the hour or so long film and wow it is a fantastic documentary! I've never watched something so compelling and honest. The teachers at my school used to talk about a 'light bulb' switching on in your head when you finally understand something. Unfortunately I didn't have many of those moments in school, but this was definitely a light bulb moment! I recommend everyone see it because I promise it will change your outlook on good nutrition, eating habits, preventing illness, the health system and most importantly, how simple it is to be truly healthy. 


“Health makes a lot of sense, but it doesn’t make a lot of dollars.”
Andrew W. Saul, PhD
mindie
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment