Thursday 26 June 2014

Fidgety

With Poppy's arrival getting closer (more than half way now!), I'm getting increasingly fidgety and starting to feel a bit out-of-order because I'm not quite ready for him/her to arrive. I guess when I think about it, nobody is ever 100% prepared for the adventure ahead. I'm not one to follow all of the textbooks and overload myself with information and excessive 'how-to' tutorials anyway. Being as prepared as I can be is all I can aim for, so that I'll have a chance to relax before the stalk comes to visit with a special delivery.

Getting Poppy's room in order was my first priority and I think this is the biggest weight on my shoulders right now. Although the boy and I are still going through the loads of boxes and storage that are currently residing in the room, I wanted to start purchasing some new furniture to make a good start on the nursery.

I decided that IKEA would be my first port of call. I actually really like IKEA products and love the concept, although I do admit to feeling annoyed on each trip when my legs start to tire somewhere in the middle of the maze but you have no choice but to push on through to the end. If I was a little kid, I'd imagine chucking a little tanny somewhere in the kitchen or bathroom displays.

I'm so happy with my purchases and have included them below. Because there's still some contention between my Dr's on Poppy's gender, I chose neutral furniture with pops of colour in the accessories. This is much more my style anyway, as I'm really not a fan of the 'pink paradise' or 'every-shade-of-blue' style bedrooms. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful white cot given to us from a family friend which helps immensely! I'm thinking a nice yellow and white chevron blanket for the cot will be my next purchase, along with some more fun accessories. Look out Etsy... you'll be seeing me online very soon!

mindie
xxx






Pics - IKEA Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment