Saturday 10 March 2012

Chanel-ing Spring

Chanel has recently released three absolutely beautiful nail polish colours for the Spring/Summer 2012 Collection and I for one am really excited about it! Cutely named April, May and June, these colours were inspired by the changing moods and colours of Spring. Chanel's Global Director for Makeup Peter Philips, who created the three Le Vernis shades as a homage to the mischievous spirit of the most changeable of season, named them after the months of Spring. They also featured on the runway in the aquatic themed Chanel Spring/Summer 2012 spectacular last October.
Now I'm a big sucker for nail polish. My collection is bursting but I'm always on the look out for new colours that catch my attention. This happened the other week when I spotted pretty May perched perfectly on the nails of the Chanel beauty assistant at DJ's. Upon spotting her I knew May and I were meant to be very good friends. Her lovely pink tone is reminiscent of pink lilys, fairy floss, pink lemonade and strawberry cupcakes. It makes me happy just looking at my freshly painted nails!
April is a rich red, almost cranberry tone that makes me think of berry sorbet, gorgeous roses and cosmopolitans.
June, on the other hand, reminds me of sweet apricot fruit bars, frosty fruit ice blocks and orange tulips. As June is my birth month, I think she will be my next purchase...

mindie
xxx











Pics - Vogue UK, Scout Holiday, Google

1 comment: