Sunday 15 January 2012

Market Day

Yesterday I was discussing all things vintage with a lady who collects and sells vintage items at the markets. It would be such an interesting hobby because every piece you come across would tell a different story and have a history which only someones imagination could unfold. 
Markets are so fascinating to me because I love the notion that one man's trash is another man's treasure. Everyone sees the value, beauty or intrigue of an item differently and it's a great opportunity to find quirky pieces that best represent your personality.
This reminded me of the best markets I've ever been to - Portobello. Situated in the beautiful West London town of Notting Hill, Portobello Road is transformed into a bustling market strip overflowing with mostly fashion, accessories and vintage treasures. I was lucky enough to spend a fantastic day there strolling through the markets a while back. I even picked up an amazing Jean Muir vintage jacket with metallic embroidery, retro buttons and structured shoulders. Although I don't get a chance to wear it much, every time I open my wardrobe I'm reminded of my day at Portobello and thankful I got to take a piece of history back home with me.

indie
xxx

















No comments:

Post a Comment